Today, online marketers have access to a vast amount of online software meant to help them expand their business and generate revenue. From email automation to landing pages and list builders, online marketing has never been easier. ConvertKit and Leadpages are just two of the much online marketing software available today. While both ConvertKit and Leadpages can be helpful for growing your business, they each offer completely different tools. Below you will find a comparison of ConvertKit and Leadpages. If you are looking to grow your business through email marketing and landing pages continue reading to get valuable insight into these two powerful tools.
EMAIL MARKETING AUTOMATION
ConvertKit is a simple, user-friendly email automation tool. It is equipped with an easy to use email sequences system. Within ConvertKit your email sequences are called “email courses”. Email courses offer functions such as subscriber segmentation which channels subscribers into certain email courses based on how they behave within your site. Automated email segmentation can direct users to discount offers, support emails, and specific discounts for repeat customers. ConvertKit is the perfect option for those with little to no coding or web development experience. The easy to use UI makes creating email courses simple. In addition, ConvertKit also offers a few opt-in form options for list building. ConvertKit is easily integrated with WordPress via their WordPress plugin.
Leadpages was designed for those looking to create eye-catching landing pages. Creating a custom landing page is quick and easy with the drag-and-drop feature. Leadpages offers many existing landing page templates that cover a variety of products. You simply choose your landing page template and then add various features such as headlines, content sections, testimonials, images, and videos. No HTML or CSS experience is necessary in order to create successful landing pages with Leadpages. In addition, Leadpages offers more conversion focused elements such as a countdown timer to increase subscriber urgency. There is an opt-in box option available with Leadpages, which is easily integrated into your already existing WordPress website.
PROS & CONS OF CONVERTKIT
- With a variety of templates to choose from, ConvertKit’s opt-in and landing page building is a quick and easy to use.
- Emails sent from ConvertKit are clean and aesthetically pleasing to those subscribers viewing them on mobile or desktop.
- Personalized email courses are easy to create with their easy to understand and use interface. No coding or development knowledge is necessary to create email courses.
- WordPress ready. ConvertKit is equipped with a pre-existing WordPress plugin that allows you to easily add in sidebar widgets, pop-ups and within the static content.
- Drag-and-drop interface for email course building makes it easy to arrange email sequences.
- Performance tracking is built into the software. You can view your open and click rate and data. Monitoring on a per email basis is made easy with all ConvertKit’s key performance indicators.
- ConvertKit provides opt-in forms and landing page templates that are primarily focused on those bloggers and content marketers using the software. PPC is not ideal for ConvertKit and it is recommended that you use a third-party landing page tool rather than ConvertKit itself.
PROS & CONS OF LEADPAGES
- No HTML/CSS knowledge is necessary to build customized landing pages on Leadpages. You can easily customize your landing page with elements such as images and video with their drag-and-drop feature.
- Custom HTML and CSS can be added to your Leadpages to, even more, customization.
- Leadpages offers a ton of free landing page templates, that cover a variety of products.
- Leadpages is a mobile device and desktop ready. All of their custom templates look great whether your subscriber is viewing the page on their mobile device or computer.
- Leadpages offers a WordPress plugin that easily integrates into your existing WordPress page. LeadBox forms and LeadPages can be added to your WordPress site without using code.
- A/B split tested is included with Leadpages software. Meaning, you can use various landing pages to test which landing page is your top performer.
- Leadpages can be integrated into various other email marketing tools. It is another great tool to add to your email marketing toolkit.
- In order to send emails to new leads, you will need to integrate (and pay another monthly fee) Leadpages to another email marketing tool.
ConvertKit starts at $29 per month for your first 1,000 followers. This allows for unlimited email courses, opt-in forms and landing page creation. ConvertKit offers a sliding scale pricing structure. As your subscriber list grows ConvertKit automatically upgrades you to the next level, making growing your business seamless. While there is no trial period, ConvertKit does offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with the software. In addition, you may request a free demo from ConvertKit. Leadpages cheapest option starts at $25 if you choose the annual billing option. This option allows for unlimited traffic and unlimited landing pages and opt-in forms. A/B testing is only available to those who purchase the Pro plan, starting at $49 or the Advanced plan, starting at $199 per month. Leadpages also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
ConvertKit and Leadpages offer you two completely different tools. The first, is a powerful tool for creating email automation and the second, is an excellent tool for creating successful landing pages. If you are an email marketer looking to expand your reach to subscribers, ConvertKit is the right choice for you. If you are a PPC marketer, looking to create an eye-catching landing page, Leadpages if for you.